Scottish PEN is seeking an experienced finance and administration worker to support its busy staff team for 7 hours per week.
Deadline: 17:00, Friday 15th June 2018
The Project Manager
- To ensure smooth running of the financial and administrative requirements of the organisation
- To support the work of the Project Manager and Scottish PEN staff team administratively and practically, in a range of projects and campaigns
- To support the work of Scottish PEN Membership Secretary and Treasurer, as well as offering broader support when necessary to the board of trustees
Duties / Responsibilities
- Work as part of the existing Scottish PEN team of staff and freelancers
- Maintain accurate accounting records of all transactions and reconcile bank statements
- Produce accurate monthly financial statements showing income and expenditure against cash flow and budgets, ideally using QuickBooks
- Process payroll for small staff team using HMRC Basic Tools for Payroll
- Maintain petty cash records using imprest system
- Support fundraising activities and applications through research and practical input, with particular emphasis on presentation of financial breakdowns
- Liaise with the organisation’s appointed independent examiner as required for year-end account processing
- Complete year-end submission to OSCR
- Compile and process all Gift Aid claims on behalf of the organisation
- Process purchase payments through organisation’s bank website
- Process membership applications, fees and payment mandates, and maintain membership records
- Attend board meetings in a secretarial capacity, including taking minutes and distributing papers
- Responding to phone and email enquiries
This post requires a working pattern of 7 hours per week, ideally spread across 2 days (Wednesday, Thursday or Friday). The role is based at the Scottish PEN office in central Edinburgh, although working from home is an option and can be negotiated.
This post is advertised at NJC scale 2 pt 13, £17,391 p.a. pro rata. Freelance applicants welcome, rate negotiable.
Please apply by email (subject line: JOB APPLICATION _ NAME) with a CV and a short cover letter (max. 500 words) detailing your interest in this position and outlining why you feel you’d be a good candidate to info[at]scottishpen.org.
Please do not submit PDFs – we anonymise all applications and Word Documents make this easier.
Interviews will be conducted in Edinburgh on 22 June 2018.